1. Is JIP available in other Languages ?
Not at the moment. The German version and French are half way.
If you would like to help with the translation into any language just send e-mail .
2. Can one configure JIP to handle more than two hosts ?
Not in JIP. JIPXt is capable of handling multiple domains. But you can run two JIP instances at the same time to do the job.
3. Is there a command line (Cron) version ?
You are not the first person to wonder of this. JIP does not have command line version . JIP Xt on the other hand has a command line version ( cron version) and is capable of running as a service in window.
4. I run dual OS Should I install JIP in each OS ?
No. You don't need to. Just install “JIP for
all OS” and it will function in either OS you are working in.
5. Why should I donate ?
show some appreciation. we have used a lot of resources and we only demand a little help to keep the group together. This will in turn not only yield a good JIP but, also a better JIP.
6. Will JIP remain Free ?
Yes. But if you find it useful please donate
8. Does JIP support Proxy ?
Only JIPXt .
9. Why is there no MX etc configuration ?
This has been considered as an emergency update. So we assume all these could be done by logging into the DNS service providers page and do it manually.
10. Do you have plans to include the ability to update multiple Dns Services at the same time ?
Yes JIPXt can handle multiple DNS services and unlimited domain
11. Do you have plans to include more DNS Services ?
Yes, as time permits. If you have special DNS Service in mind, just drop inn an e-mail. All depends on the DNS Service Provider. Some DNS service providers are not interested in 3rd party software. So please check with the DNS Service Provider before contacting us.
12. Could you include a script to run JIP automatically on OS (like linux, unix , OS/2 etc ) boot?
Few people have asked for this. We will do our best to get better and working script.